1 carry on and 1 person article carry on: 23 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm (9 in x 15.5 in x 21.5 in) Wheels and handles included. 10 kg (22 lb) personal article: 16 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm (6 in x 13 in x 17 in) 10 kg (22 lb)
Examples of standard or personal articles (as determined by their size):
- Carry-on bag
- Roller bag
- Laptop computer
- Cat or small dog in its carrier
- Airport shopping and duty-free purchases
- Sport racquet (e.g. tennis, squash, badminton)
- Camera bag
- Garment bag (size and weight restrictions apply)
- Diplomatic or consular bag
- Musical instrument
(888) 247-2262 - Air Canada's Website
Your carry-on Baggage must fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead bin.
- For First and Business Class, the carry-on baggage shall not exceed 8kg per passenger. For Economy Class, the carry-on baggage shall not exceed 5kg(11 pounds) per passenger.
- For First and Business Class, up to two pieces of baggage are allowed per passenger. For Economy Class, only one piece is allowed per passenger. Each piece of carry-on baggage shall not exceed the maximum dimensions of 55cm (21”long) x 40cm (15”wide) x 20cm (7”high).
- Any item in excess of carry-on baggage size or allowance requirements as listed above will be required to travel as checked baggage.
(800) 882-8122 - Air China's Website
Air FranceHand Baggage Allowance
To be accepted in the cabin, your hand baggage must not exceed the following dimensions: 55 x 35 x 25 cm / 21 x 13 x 9 in (including pockets, wheels and handles). In addition to your hand baggage, you may also transport 1 accessory.
This includes your choice of one of the following:
- Camera, etc
(800) 237-2747 - Air France's Website
You're allowed one carry-on bag, which including wheels and handles can measure up to 10" H x 17" W x 24" L (25 x 43 x 61 cm), plus one personal item, such as: A purse, briefcase or laptop computer. At least one of the items should be stowed under the seat in front of you.
(800) 654-5669 - Alaska Airlines' Website
You can bring one small carry on item plus one personal item per passenger. Either carry on cannot exceed 45 linear inches (22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall) or weigh more than 40lbs/18kgs. All carry-on items should be stowed in an overhead bin.
Personal Items Include:
- Laptop bag
- Or a similar item such as a tote.
The personal item must be smaller than your carry-on bag and must fit under the seat in front of you
(800) 433-7300 - American Airlines' Website
British airways allows for free hand baggage including one cabin bag and one personal bag. 1 cabin bag 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in) including handles, pockets and wheels. 1 personal bag 45cm x 36cm x 20cm (18in x 14in x 8in) including handles, pockets and wheels.
- Maximum weight per bag is up to 23kg (51lbs)
- You must be able to fit your bags into the baggage gauge at check in.
- Any items you purchase at the airport, including duty free, form part of your hand baggage allowance.
(800) 247-9297 - British Airways' Website
Approved Personal Items:
1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked) or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed. Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels. Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters
(800) 455-2720 - Delta Airlines' Website
Carry-On Bag Fees and Policies:
Everyone is allowed to take one personal item onboard every Frontier flight on any Fare Option with no additional fee. A carry-on bag must not exceed 10" height x 16" width x 24" length, inclusive of all handles, wheels, and straps, and the bag can't weigh more than 35 pounds. A carry-on bag must fit underneath the seat or in an enclosed overhead bin. You may carry-on one personal item that fits under the seat. This item must not exceed 18" x 14" x 8" in dimension, inclusive of all handles, wheels, and straps.
Personal items include: Handbag, purse, or pocketbook, backpack, briefcase, laptop computer, with or without a bag.
(800) 432-1359 - Frontier's Website
You are allowed on carry on and one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop).
Your carry-on bag is fine if it’s within the following limits:
- 22" length x 14" width x 9" height (45 linear inches)
- Maximum weight: 25 pounds (11.5 kg).
(800) 367-5320 - Hawaiian Airlines' Website
Jet Blue Airways
Each customer may bring onboard one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) plus one carry-on bag.
To fit under the seat in front of you, your item must not exceed:
- For Jet Blue Airbus A321: 17" (43.2 centimeters) length x 13" (33 centimeters) width x 11" (27.9 centimeters) height
- For Jet Blue Airbus A320 / EMBRAER 190: 18" (45.72 cm) length x 15" (38.1 cm) width x 8" (20.32 cm) height
In order to fit in the overhead bin, your carry-on bag must not exceed:
- For all Jet Blue aircraft types: 24" L (60.96 cm) x 16" W (40.64 cm) x 10" H (25.4 cm)
(800) 538-2583 - Jet Blue's Website
The number of permitted items of hand luggage is determined by the service class booked.
- Economy Class 1X 8kg
- Premium Economy Class 1X 8kg
- Business Class 2X 8kg
- First Class 2X 8kg
- Dimensions for hand luggage: 55 x 40 x 23 cm
- Foldable garment bags: 57 x 54 x 15 cm.
Also allowed in the cabin: another item of hand luggage (max. 30 x 40 x 10 cm, e.g. handbag, laptop bag), one baby carrier per child or a child’s car seat or a foldable pushchair/buggy (may have to be transported in the cargo hold) and wheelchairs/orthopedic aids (e.g. walking aids).
(800) 645-3880 - Lufthansa's Website
Per TSA regulations, carryon items are limited to one bag plus one small, personal item.
Personal-type items include:
- Food containers
- Laptops (case included).
- Pet carriers are considered either a personal item or a carryon item.
Southwest Airlines limits carryon bag dimensions to 10 x 16 x 24 inches.
(800) 435-9792 - Southwest Airlines' Website
Each traveler can bring on board one carry-on bag plus one personal item free of charge. To ensure a smooth boarding experience, it’s important to make sure that these items will fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.Carry-on Bags:
- The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels.
- The maximum dimensions for your personal item, such as a shoulder bag, backpack, laptop bag or other small item, are 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches (22 cm x 25 cm x 43 cm).
(800) 864-8331 - United Airlines' Website
US AirwaysCarry-on Allowance
You're allowed 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item.
- Your carry-on bag can be up to 45 inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (23 x 36 x 56 cm) including handles and wheels.
- Your personal item needs to be smaller than your carry-on item and must fit under the seat in front of you.
- Instead of a carry-on bag, you can bring on a soft-sided garment bag up to 51 inches.